Gigabit Ethernet Connectivity
Gigabit Ethernet is quickly becoming the standard in industrial networking as more video applications, sensors, and other devices require faster, higher-volume voice, video, and data transfer.
To respond to this growing demand, Allen-Bradley® introduces the M12 X-code and RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet. These next generation cordsets and patchcords achieve Ethernet speeds of 1 Gigabit per second – a vast improvement compared to the 100 megabits per second of conventional connectivity – and are ideal for high-speed data transfer in industrial applications. The 360 degree shield design of these innovative cordsets and pathcords provides optimal signal performance without system noise interference.
The male M12 connector features X-code keying alignment which allows for blind-mating while the recessed pins within the die-cast metal shield prevent damage to the pins during coupling. Equipped with an overmolded housing, these tough cordsets and patchords are rated IP67 and can withstand harsh industrial environments where extreme vibration, shock, chemicals, and temperature are found.
The fixed-position front contacts of the RJ45 connectors ensure plug quality and consistent mating with outlets. Suitable for IP20 industrial applications, the RJ45 features a rugged strain relief and latch mechanism for a secure connection.
Features and Benefits:
Gigabit M12 X-code and RJ45 Ethernet Connectivity
- Ideal for high-speed data transfer in industrial applications (1 Gigabit per second)
- Complete 360 degree shield coverage provides optimal signal performance without system noise interference
- Cat 6, UL Listed. Conforms to ISO IEC 11801, ANSI/TIA-1005, TIA-568-C.2. Flex-rated TPE cables for various applications.
- X-code key alignment allows for blind-mating
- Recessed male pins within die-cast metal X-code shield prevents damage to pins when coupling
- Overmolded housing is rated IP67 for harsh industrial environments where extreme vibration, shock, chemicals, and temperature are found. Suitable for M3I3C3E3
- Shielded straight connectors. Cable lengths up to 100 m (328.08 ft)
- Fixed-position front contacts ensure plug quality and consistent mating with outlets
- Rugged strain relief and latch mechanism for secure connection
- Ideal for IP20 industrial applications. Suitable for M1I1C2E2
- Shielded straight and right angle connectors. Cable lengths up to 100 m (328.08 ft)