Switch-Rated Plugs with Decontactor™ Technology
What is Decontactor™ Technology?A Meltric Decontactor™ is a specialized electrical connector with push-button circuit disconnection that combines the safety and functionality of a disconnect switch with the convenience of a plug and receptacle in one device.
Meltric Decontactor™ Technology allows Switch-Rated plugs and receptacles to be safely connected and disconnected under full load, up to 200A and 100hp, in wet or dry conditions.
- GASKET COLOR - confirms voltage rating
- OFF BUTTON - quick break technology releases the energy and ejects plug to off position in 15 milliseconds
- AUTOMATIC WATERTIGHTNESS - up to Type 4X/IP69/IP69K
- DEAD-FRONT SAFETY SHUTTER - prevents user access to live parts
- SILVER-NICKEL CONTACTS - provides excellent electrical conductivity and performance
- ENCLOSED ARC CHAMBER - eliminates arc flash at disconnection
- UNIQUE KEYING POSITIONS - prevents device mismatching
- SPRING-LOADED BUTT-STYLE CONTACTS - ensures optimal contact force and excellent performance
- FIBERGLASS REINFORCED THERMPLASTIC POLY CASING - offers impact, corrosion, and UV resistance
- SPRING-ASSISTED SCREW TERMINALS - keep connections tight without frequent re-tightening
What is Different about a Switch-Rated Device?
Switch-Rated plugs and receptacles have different capabilities than standard plugs and receptacles. They combine the function of a disconnect switch with the convenience of a plug and receptacle. Switch-Rated plugs and receptacles are UL/CSA listed for "Branch Circuit Disconnect Switching" and/or "Motor Circuit Disconnect Switching." Standard pin and sleeve, twist lock, and straight bladed plugs and receptacles are not.
To achieve their ratings, Switch-Rated plugs and receptacles are evaluated and performance tested in accordance with UL Subject 2682, the UL Standard created specifically for Switch-Rated plugs and receptacles. The requirements are naturally much more rigorous than for standard plugs and receptacles.
Key performance tests are summarized in the table below:
|UL Standard 2682 - Performance Test Requirements|
|Voltage Withstand||300 VAC for 1 minute|
|General Overload||50 Operations @ 150% Rated Current (p.f. ≤ .80)|
|Horsepower Overload||50 Operations @ 600% of Full Load Motor Current (p.f. ≤ .50)|
|Temperature Rise||< 30°C - Performed on devices already subjected to the overload test|
|Electrical Endurance||6000 Operations @ Rated Current and Voltage (p.f. ≤ 0.80) - Performed on devices already subjected to the overload test|
|Short Circuit - Make||≥ 10 kA with appropriate fusing|
|Short Circuit - Withstand||≥ 10 kA with appropriate fusing|
Meltric was the first company to develop and offer UL/CSA Switch-Rated plugs and receptacles and remains the primary innovator in this field.
Today, Meltric offers a full line of Switch-Rated plugs and receptacles covering applications from 20 to 200 A and up to 100 hp. Models are available with up to six auxiliary contacts for integral control, monitoring, and signaling connections.
No one beats Meltric for Switch-Rated innovation, safety, reliability, and breadth of product line. Shop Switch-Rated products from Meltric below.